INFORMATION CONCERNING COVID-19
At The Walnut Tree, we make your health, safety, and wellbeing a priority. The clinic is waiting to open at the Alberta Government's discretion (perhaps on June 19, 2020) and the following will be new policies in regards to how to keep each other safe during this time when you come to your massage appointment. * The online appointment calendar is not yet open for bookings. *
- Screening questions will be asked during the appointment confirmation phone call. Should your health change in the time between the call and the appointment, please let us know ASAP so we can cancel/reschedule. Should the therapist's health change and they need to stay home, we'll let you know ASAP to cancel/reschedule.
- Wear your own mask, as there aren't any extra at the clinic. We'll be wearing ours. Studies have shown that wearing masks significantly reduces the potential spread of airborne viruses and bacteria, in case you might be an asymptomatic carrier. They're not mandatory, but highly recommended.
- Once you park in our lot, DO NOT ENTER THE CLINIC RIGHT AWAY. First wait in your vehicle and call/text 780-802-4808 to let us know you've arrived. We'll then tell you if it's safe to enter the clinic space or if you need to continue to wait in your car. If not arriving by vehicle, or if you don't have a cellphone, please get in touch so we can make alternate arrangements. (New clients should still arrive 15 minutes early and existing clients 5 minutes early to allow time for consultation.)
- Upon entering, head straight to the restroom at the back of the hallway to wash your hands before taking a seat in the lobby or going into the treatment room.
- Continue to practice safe social distancing to the best of your ability.
- Arrive alone. For everyone's safety, do not bring family/friends into the clinic with you; they'll have to wait in the car for the duration of your treatment if you do.
- You will be required to sign our Covid-19 client consent form at every visit for the foreseeable future.
We will diligently follow all rules and regulations to keep you safe, including disinfecting all "high touch" areas between clients, wearing our masks, and having a freshly washed uniform daily. We finished the Alberta Health Services online PPE (personal protective equipment) course for proper donning, doffing, and usage of health safety gear. As before, the massage table sheets will always be clean, one-use, and just for you. We will continue to practice frequent hand washing and other health/sanitation protocols that were already in place before Covid-19.
Please continue to follow health and safety policies at other businesses, public spaces, etc. and thank you for respecting our protocols.